[Zephyr-devel] Zephyr SDK 0.9.5 Release

Marti Bolivar <marti@...>

Hi Anas,

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 8:21 AM Nashif, Anas <anas.nashif@...> wrote:

Hi,

As announced a few weeks ago, we have been working on a new version of the SDK with updates mostly to the host tools.

This release of the SDK has the following changes as compared with 0.9.3:

· New QEMU release (based on 3.0.0+git 19b599f7664b2ebfd0f405fb79c14dd241557452)

· Qemu installation now has all needed ROMs and BIOS files to support connecting Ethernet drivers such as the Intel e1000.

· New OpenOCD based master with Zephyr related changes (commit: 05e0d633)

· New DTC version 1.4.7+git (commit 2e930b7f8f6421638869a04b00297034c42e1a82)

· Upgrade arc binutils to 2018.03-rc2

The above changes and especially the Qemu related items require that you move to the new SDK ASAP, earlier version will not work with the master tree.

How are Windows and Mac users supposed to update DTC?

- macOS via HomeBrew seems to be on 1.4.7 exactly, and you mention
commit 2e930b7, which is ahead of that tag in
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/dtc/dtc.git
- Windows via chocolatey looks like it's on some v1.4.7 commit that's
not in the upstream tree (dtc --version shows "1.4.7-g79c2a3d9-dirty"
on my Windows machine)

Similar questions for openocd; do macOS and Windows users need to
build their own? I looked at the openocd commit history around that
time and there seem to be some generic RTOS support patches as well as
nRF related patches, so I'm curious what windows/mac users are missing
out on.

Hi Martí,

[...]

Windows is on 1.4.7 exactly. I created and updated the package myself 2 weeks ago. The dirty is there because there's a patch to make it work on Windows.

Carles

Marti Bolivar <marti@...>

Hi Carles,

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 10:46 AM Cufi, Carles <Carles.Cufi@...> wrote:

Hi Martí,

[...]

OK, thanks. So the dtc question is the same on Windows as on macOS
(and remains open): what should users do to get this latest version?
Will vanilla 1.4.7 continue to work?

Re DTC, I will Kumar and Carles answer.
Re OpenOCD: The Zephyr SDK was always Linux only. For Mac/Windows we currently have no solution beside the documentation.

[...]

We don’t need DTC greater than 1.4.6, so Mac & Windows should still be ok. Mostly updated the SDK version to get additional warning checks.

- k