Re: Is there tutorials for Zephyr ticker/mayfly?

loquat3

Thanks for all.

I can not understand ticker/mayfly yet.

My 'UNCLEAR POINT' is,
:ticker
What is node?
What is user?
What is slot?
What is TRIGGER/WORKER/JOB?

:mayfly
What is CALLEE/CALLER?

Hi biwa,

There are no tutorial or documentation of ticker or mayfly in the Zephyr repository.

Ticker and Mayfly implementation are specific to BLE controller scheduling and they are barebones implementation contributed to Zephyr Project.

We are constantly refactoring the implementation to use Zephyr OS features.

Some of the continued issues needing contributions are:

To be short, Mayfly schedule functions to be run deferred in another execution context.

Currently the BLE controller uses them to call functions in interrupt contexts.

Zephyr threads or work queues that suffice the controller needs will replace mayfly.

If you can be more specific on what you are interested in Ticker/Mayfly, I can provide more details.

Regards,

Vinayak

From: <zephyr-devel-bounces@lists.zephyrproject.org> on behalf of biwa <sjbiwa@...>
Date: Saturday, 7 October 2017 at 04:00
To: "zephyr-devel@lists.zephyrproject.org" <zephyr-devel@lists.zephyrproject.org>

I am studying ZephyrOS.

Are there detailed tutorials for studying zephyrOS's ticker/mayfly?