Re: public ID addresses

Tamra Oyama <tamrako@...>

Hello Johan,

Thanks for your suggestion. Upon further investigation, the CONFIG_BLUETOOTH_PRIVACY=y in the prj.conf file in zephyr/samples/bluetooth/peripheral. From my understanding, this config allows for the use of resolvable private addresses and that there should be a key to decipher the static address. How do you find out what this key is? Can you provide any information about this? Thank you for your time.

Thank you,
Tamra

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 2:04 AM, Johan Hedberg <johan.hedberg@...> wrote:
Hi Tamra,

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017, Johan Hedberg wrote:
> I might be wrong, but I don't think a public address is what you're
> looking for, since that address space is formally managed by companies.
> Instead, I think you're looking to get a persistent address that stays
> the same over reboots. A static random address is also an Identity
> Address, so that would fit the bill.
>
> The Nordic controllers come with a pre-programmed static address in
> their FICR register, but there's no standard way of reading it from
> there through HCI. Luckily, we've now got our own HCI vendor extensions
> available which have a command for this. If you build your controller
> image out of the latest master branch you will get vendor extensions
> support included there. For the host side, I've just pushed a pull
> request which adds what's needed:
>
>       https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/4371

This PR is merged now, so simply rebuilding and flashing your nRF51 &
Quark SE Zephyr images from the upstream master branch should yield a
solution where the Bluetooth address remains the same.