Re: Reaction to hard fault - how to reset instead of hang

Boie, Andrew P

The _SysFatalErrorHandler function (implemented under arch/) has the hard fault policy and is declared __weak. Applications may implement their own version of it.

HTH,

From: zephyr-devel-bounces@... [mailto:zephyr-devel-
bounces@...] On Behalf Of Laczen JMS
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2017 1:37 AM
To: zephyr-devel@...
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] Reaction to hard fault - how to reset instead of hang

Hi,

Sometimes I run into the situation where a hard fault is triggered (e.g. a
bluetooth mesh node with a BT_RX_STACK_SIZE that is set to small). The result
of this is a system hang. I can correct this by increasing the stack size but I am
uncertain that the new stack size will be big enough to handle whatever data is
send to the node.

Is it possible to make the device reset instead of hang ? Is there a configuration
option to set what the device needs to do in case of a hard fault ?

Kind regards,

Jehudi