Re: BLE Nitrogen

Steve Brown

Hi Gene,

You can program it with drag/drop CMSIS bootloader's disk, pyocd or
openocd over USB. The "make flash" uses pyocd and worked fine for me.

The softdevice is only the Nordic SDK. Zephyr's Bluetooth and mesh
stacks include everything.

I've got some V1.0 and V1.1's. They are identical except for the caps
in the antenna matching network. If you have a newer version, maybe
they have the RF issues sorted out. I went to a Nordic class a few
weeks ago and they said they will qualify the RF layout and components
if the manufacturer sends them samples.

I'm running a Ubuntu distribution and the drive comes up as
/media/<username>/mbed.

Steve

On Thu, 2017-12-07 at 22:03 +0000, Zarkhin, Gene wrote:
Steve,
Thanks for your reply.
That is a little discouraging ☹
How do you program them?
I connected the board to Win 7 and it created a CDC device and
MassStorage device.
So on Teraterm I see "Hello World" (very exciting!), which stops
working after printing several lines and disk drive, which does not
have an assigned letter.
Reading some docs - they say it supports drug and drop of the image
(they do not specify format, I hope it is hex) but the drive does not
have a letter (as I already mentioned).
I'll try on Linux machine over the weekend, maybe it will assign a
drive.

Also, Nordic requires soft device to be programmed (has a bootloader
and BLE stack), so it should be drugged and dropped before the app, I
guess.

Maybe in your case they have a wrong soft device, no BLE compatible?

Gene Zarkhin
gene_zarkhin@bose.com
(508) 766-9030 – office
(617) 943-2331 – cell