From: "Boie, Andrew P" <andrew.p.boie@...>
Date: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 11:01
To: "Li, Jun R" <jun.r.li@...>, Michael Rosen <michael.r.rosen@...>, "Pallala, Ramakrishna" <ramakrishna.pallala@...>, "zephyr-devel@..." <zephyr-devel@...>
Subject: RE: [Zephyr-devel] How to detect a thread is aborted and restart it?

Ø  However, it seems not possible to restart the same thread with the same struct thread variable, with the function “k_thread_create”.  When the function is called, the system is stuck. Has anyone tried to restart an aborted thread before?

Hi Li,

Yes this should be possible, we do this all the time (recycle thread objects) in our test cases.

Have you had a chance to debug this further? Where does it get stuck for you?