From: zephyr-devel-bounces@... [mailto:zephyr-devel-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Piotr Mienkowski
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 18:13
To: zephyr-devel@...
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] Running echo_server on qemu_cortex_m3

Hi Michael,

When running "nc" in UDP, nc exits without waiting for reply from the target application (echo_server)

You may force nc to wait some time after all data are sent using -q seconds option. As in

$ echo foobar | nc -q 1 -u 192.0.2.1 4242

to wait for 1 second. Unfortunately the -q option may not be present in your specific implementation of nc. It seems there are a few and their names may vary, e.g. ncat, netcat. I haven't been using Zephyr net-tools project so I'm not sure what's the situation there.

For simple testing it's often enough to type

$ nc -u 192.0.2.1 4242

anything you type into the console will be send to the remote side and the response will be displayed. To exit you'll need to Ctrl+C manually.

Cheers,
Piotr

A member of the Intel Corporation group of companies