Hi Vinayak,

Thanks for your answer, I'll have a try on Carbon.

Erwan

On 15 January 2018 at 14:56, Chettimada, Vinayak Kariappa <vinayak.kariappa.chettimada@...> wrote:
Hi Erwan,

1. IPSP support requires “host” L2CAP CoC feature that was added in BT 4.2. A Controller supporting BT 4.0 shall suffice, as HOST will do L2CAP fragmentation before sending the packets to HCI controller.
2. No, Data Length feature is purely Controller. It just gives better throughput by using longer PDUs on air. As said in 1, IPSP requiring L2CAP CoC support in Host that shall suffice.

You can in the Zephyr controller (nRF5 series ) Kconfig options disable all 4.1 and above feature, and you should still be able to run IPSP, its just going to be slow on throughput without data length feature.

Regards
Vinayak

From: zephyr-devel-bounces@lists.zephyrproject.org [mailto:zephyr-devel-bounces@lists.zephyrproject.org] On Behalf Of Erwan Gouriou
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2018 2:47 PM
To: zephyr-devel <zephyr-devel@lists.zephyrproject.org>
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] [BT/IPSP] Controller BT version

Hi all,
I've a question on running BT IPSP on a BT controller.

1- Which BT version should be supported by controller to be able to run IPSP sample ?
FWIU, IPSP requires 6LowPAN which only supported from BT4.2. Is that correct?

2- Though, I don't see a specific check for 4.2 supported version in hci_core code.
Is that based on LE supported features (such as LE DATA LENGHT for instance)?

Thanks
Erwan