Re: network module

Tomasz Bursztyka

Hi Ismael,

Ah, then you are a bit more in trouble, design wise.
I.e., the current LoRaMAC port would need to be finished, and exposing
an API which - in turn - your offload device could support as well.
This would be the "standard" API on zephyr side. Up to every device
drivers, as yours, to match it.

It would be then transparent for the end application: using either
native LoRaMAC or your offloaded device would just be exactly the same.

About your device, does it comes already with some portable library
that would help accessing it? Or do you need to implement an AT command
system first? (in that case, that could interest some other parts as
well)

Tomasz

Hi Tomasz,Jukka,
LoraMac is concerning the whole lora stack, when the host is directly
connected to a radio chip (ex semtech).
Block diagram:
+-----------------------+ +-------------------
--------------+
| | spi |

| host |<----------------->| semtech(sx12..)

| with LoraMac | |

+-----------------------+ +-------------------
--------------+

In my case, my host is connect to a module , in which the loraMac is
embedded. The communication to this module is then done in uart using
AT commands. There is no standard API defined in this case. Each
module maker(ex Nemeus, Murata) has implemented his own AT commands
list.
Block diagram:

Nemeus MM02 Module

or Murata B-L072Z Module