From: Erwan Gouriou <erwan.gouriou@...>
Sent: 27 March 2018 15:30
To: Cufi, Carles <Carles.Cufi@...>
Cc: devel@...
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] Runtime "configuration" system naming

Hi Carles,

Serialization is also sometime called marshalling, so an alternative could be "marshal"/"cfg_marshal"/"rtcfg_marshal"

Cheers

Erwan

On 27 March 2018 at 14:51, Cufi, Carles <Carles.Cufi@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Andrzej from Nordic has just ported the *run-time* configuration system from Mynewt into Zephyr [1].
This is essentially a system-wide way of loading and storing all state from and to non-volatile memory (i.e. flash) in a completely centralized way.

Since it serializes the data before storing it (and deserializes it after loading), and we already use the word "config" for *compile-time* configuration, we have currently renamed it to "s11n" (for serialization).

But some people find this name confusing, so I am now addressing a wider audience for feedback.

The currently proposed names are:

* s11n
* syscfg

Any preferences or alternatives?