- Kconfig changes on master
Re: Kconfig changes on master
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
What is the relationship cmake and kconfig ? both of them can be used to configure Zephyr ?
Are they alternative or dependent?
We have just merged PR #7293 , and this has a few implications for developers and users. With the end goal being removing the dependency to the C implementation of the different Kconfig tools in order to provide native support on all operating systems, including Windows, Ulf has contributed a Python "menuconfig" implementation that is now the only frontend available for browsing the Kconfig tree.
In practice this means:
* The gconfig and xconfig targets have been removed
* The menuconfig target now uses a Python implementation with curses as its backend
* There is a new Python requirement on Windows (windows-curses) that is part of requirements.txt
If anyone in the community wants to look into providing a graphical user interface for Kconfig to replace the ones that have been removed, a good starting point would be to:
* Use Qt and the PyQt  or PySide (recently announced for Qt 5) bindings
* Use scripts/kconfig/menuconfig.py as a reference on how to access the Kconfig tree data from Python
Join firstname.lastname@example.org to automatically receive all group messages.