Re: RFC: Counter driver API

Tseng, Kuo-Lang <kuo-lang.tseng@...>

-----Original Message-----
From: Guedes, Andre
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2016 12:12 PM
To: D'alton, Alexandre <alexandre.dalton(a)intel.com>; Brandewie, Dirk J
<dirk.j.brandewie(a)intel.com>; Tseng, Kuo-Lang <kuo-lang.tseng(a)intel.com>;
devel(a)lists.zephyrproject.org
Cc: Brandewie, Dirk J <dirk.j.brandewie(a)intel.com>
Subject: Re: [devel] Re: Re: RFC: Counter driver API

Hi guys,

Quoting D'alton, Alexandre (2016-02-29 12:22:31)
There are 2 aon counters:

Aon counter => monotinic counter without interrupt Aon periodic timer
=> periodic timer with interrupt support
In terms of 'implementation details', should we have two drivers under
drivers/counter/ e.g. quark_aon_counter.c and quark_aon_timer.c? Both drivers
would implement the counter API being proposed here.
Yes, this IMO is cleaner than one driver below as aon counter and aon periodic timer are two separate HW devices.

Or we have only one driver (e.g. quark_aon_counters.c) which defines both devices
(e.g. DEVICE_INIT(aon_counter, ...) and DEVICE_INIT(aon_ timer, ...)?

Regards,

Andre

Regards,
Alex.