Re: Sanity check and test cases

Kalowsky, Daniel <daniel.kalowsky@...>

Hey Yannis,

-----Original Message-----
From: Yannis Damigos [mailto:giannis.damigos(a)gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 7:22 AM
To: devel(a)lists.zephyrproject.org
Subject: [devel] Sanity check and test cases

Hi all,

a quick question regarding sanity check and test cases.
I modified the test-fifo test case reducing the amount of memory statically
allocated for fibers' stack.
This permits the test_nano to compile on boards like nucleo-f103rb and
arduino 101 sss.

I run the sanitycheck script:

./scripts/sanitycheck --inline-logs --all -T ./tests/kernel/test_fifo/

and all the tests passes:

Cleaning output directory /home/xekarfwtos/projects/zephyr/sanity-out
Selecting all possible platforms per test case
Building testcase defconfigs...
25 tests selected, 3 tests discarded due to filters
total complete: 25/ 25 failed: 0
25 of 25 tests passed with 0 warnings in 95 seconds

Is it safe to submit the patch to gerrit or should I first test it on real hardware
(I do not own any of the platforms)?
Since you've already submitted the patch, and that should be good enough. I've added Inaky to the thread who can more than likely run this through a series of hardware tests pretty quickly.