Re: nRF52 port for Zephyr

Kalowsky, Daniel <daniel.kalowsky@...>

Xue,

-----Original Message-----
From: Xue Liu [mailto:liuxuenetmail(a)gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 6, 2016 2:27 PM
To: devel(a)lists.zephyrproject.org
Subject: [devel] nRF52 port for Zephyr

Hello,

Now I am working on the port of nRF52 DK board for Zephyr project. I have
several questions about the procedures of port.

1. I use nRF5x SDK v11.0 as a start point. This SDK dependence on CMSIS.
Since currently there is no CMSIS in the Zephyr, should I rewrite the register
and bitfields definitions or just copy these files from nRF52 SDK to the Zephyr
?
Can you provide a bit more detail about the options you're trying?

2. From the technical review https://www.zephyrproject.org/sites/local-
zephyr/files/zephyr_project_technical_overview.pdf. The Zephyr project
will support CMSIS. But until now there is no source code or support of
CMSIS. Is it right ?
There is work being done for this. It's one of the many pieces currently being executed.

3. Could someone gives me some suggestions or guide to port a new SOC to
the Zephyr.
I'd encourage you to look at the arch/ directory for samples of how to model the SOC.