Re: Using IC manufacturer header files

Carles Cufi

Hi Maciek,

-----Original Message-----
From: Maciek Borzecki [mailto:maciek.borzecki(a)gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 17:27
To: Nashif, Anas <anas.nashif(a)intel.com>
Cc: Cufi, Carles <Carles.Cufi(a)nordicsemi.no>;
devel(a)lists.zephyrproject.org
Subject: Re: [devel] Re: Using IC manufacturer header files

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Nashif, Anas <anas.nashif(a)intel.com>
wrote:
Hi,
Any files or headers included from an external project that need to be
kept in sync with upstream can keep their style and formatting to allow
updates in the future. This was the approach taken when we imported the
IP stack from contiki AFAIK.

How about keeping the library/headers external and passing their
location in Kconfig? Similar to what buildroot does with external
kernel/toolchains. Is that acceptable too?

Not sure if you mean pulling the source code from another repository at build time, since I don't know what buildroot does with kernel/toolchains.
However the MDK is not currently available in a repository, instead it is released as a .zip file by Nordic every time it gets updated. We could of course mirror it in a repo, but that would anyway require us to update it manually every time a new version is available.