Re: echo-server ipv6 doesn't work

Paul Sokolovsky

On Tue, 28 Mar 2017 07:22:51 +0000
"Goldman, Michael" <michael.goldman@intel.com> wrote:

Maybe this will help, I see those prints in window I'm running
loop-slip-tap.sh in:

tunslip6: serial_to_tun: read: Interrupted system call
ifconfig tap0 down
netstat -nr | awk '{ if ($2 == "tap0") print "route delete -net
"$1; }' | sh tunslip6: can't open siodev ``2001:db8::1/64'': No such
file or directory tunslip6: can't open siodev ``2001:db8::1/64'': No
such file or directory tunslip6: can't open siodev
``2001:db8::1/64'': No such file or directory .
I get such messages when I don't have ./loop-socat.sh running (in
another terminal window), so you may want to check you follow
https://www.zephyrproject.org/doc/subsystems/networking/qemu_setup.html
closely.

Let me retest this on-spot, with the latests HEADs of both repos:

net-tools: 3c81e2a3e5a (few revisions before that had a bug)

zephyr: master 9d0c020a9b

$ cd samples/net/echo_server
$ make pristine
$ make run

In another terminal window:

$ ping 192.0.2.1

$ ping6 2001:db8::1
PING 2001:db8::1(2001:db8::1) 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 2001:db8::1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=17.8 ms
64 bytes from 2001:db8::1: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=6.35 ms

I hope, you keep in mind that when you switch between qemu_x86 and real
board networking testing, you need to kill loop-slip-tap.sh (or you'd
have address conflict between network interfaces).

.
.

thanks,
Michael

From: zephyr-devel-bounces@lists.zephyrproject.org
[zephyr-devel-bounces@lists.zephyrproject.org] on behalf of Goldman,
Michael [michael.goldman@intel.com] Sent: Monday, March 27, 2017 1:05
PM To: Jukka Rissanen; devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Subject: Re:
[Zephyr-devel] echo-server ipv6 doesn't work

Hi all,

Sorry for not stating that I was testing it on Atmel SAMV71 board,
using the configuration file attached. Also tried running in qemu
(https://www.zephyrproject.org/doc/subsystems/networking/qemu_setup.html)
and also there only IPV4 works - maybe it would help: I do not see
any IPv6 packets on the sniffer "tap0" interface, only IPV4 traffic.

Thanks,
Michael