Re: CMSIS, ksdk and nrf52 integration

Nashif, Anas

On 24/05/2016, 13:43, "Maureen Helm" <maureen.helm(a)nxp.com> wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Cufi, Carles [mailto:Carles.Cufi(a)nordicsemi.no]
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 9:47 AM
To: Nashif, Anas <anas.nashif(a)intel.com>; Maureen Helm
<maureen.helm(a)nxp.com>
Cc: devel(a)lists.zephyrproject.org
Subject: Re: CMSIS, ksdk and nrf52 integration

Hi Anas,

On 24/05/16 16:44, "Nashif, Anas" <anas.nashif(a)intel.com> wrote:

Hi Maureen, Carles:

In the interest of moving forward with CMSIS and related pending
changes, I am proposing the following:

- merge CMSIS+ksdk patches from Maureen
- add basic support in Kconfig and the Makefile to allow inclusion of
CMSIS headers by SoCs.
- change nrf52 port to use new location of cmsis headers. Carles, will
you be ok doing this?
Of course, in fact there should not be any work at all there as long as the
INCLUDE path points to the new location in a similar format:
<cmsis/file.h>. If we decide to drop the ³cmsis² namespace then it¹s a simple
change, I will make it of course.
I was planning to update my patches to add/modify the READMEs similar to what Anas did for qmsi, change cmsis/Include to cmsis/include per the review comments, and rebase ksdk to use the new checkpatch. I'll get this out later today.

Great. Will wait for that.

Anas

we had a discussion about header namespace for CMSIS. I see both points
here, the goal is to avoid changes to existing SDKs including such
headers, a quick look reveals directly inclusion is used without
namespaces in many vendor SDKs.

Goal is to have everything reviewed and merged by tomorrow, is this Ok
with everyone? :-)
Got it, will push the change to include directly without the cmsis/ path.
Sounds good.