Re: Increasing bss section in Zephyr

Sukumar Ghorai

I was checking ROM and RAM size in arduino_101:
CONFIG_XIP=y
CONFIG_PHYS_LOAD_ADDR=0x40030000
CONFIG_PHYS_RAM_ADDR =0xA8006400
CONFIG_RAM_SIZE=55
CONFIG_ROM_SIZE=144

Why load-address(0x40030000) is lower compare to ram-address (0xA8006400)?

~Sukumar

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 9:39 PM, Boie, Andrew P <andrew.p.boie(a)intel.com> wrote:
Typically the RAM region is defined to be the size of the available RAM on
the target board.

You are in one of two scenarios:

- The size of RAM defined by the build is too small, there is
actually more RAM available, and the board configuration needs to be updated
to the true size

- You need more .bss than there is available RAM on the device, in
which case you need to conserve RAM elsewhere or use a different board.

Unfortunately, the latter is the most likely.

What board is this?

If Arduino 101, RAM between ARC and x86 side is shared with different
regions for each. The default is 55K for x86 and 24K for ARC, with 1K of
shared space. 80K total available. If you don’t need the ARC you could claim
its ram on the x86 side.

Andrew