Re: NRF52840 UART1

Michael Scott

Hi Jakub,

Is there any downside to depreciating the use of UART shim for nRF52 and using UARTE for all interfaces?  (I think nRF51 would still require UART shim)

I was under the impression that power consumption is better using UARTE.

- Mike

On 05/23/2018 02:55 AM, Rzeszutko, Jakub wrote:

Hi,

First of all NRF52840 does not have UART1 but UARTE1 (easyDMA only). When you need to have 2 serial peripherals and the same time you have following options:

  • UART0 and UARTE1 (with easyDMA)
  • UARTE0 and UARTE1.

Once refactoring of UART shim will be finished we will add UARTE shim. These shims will differ significantly so you cannot reuse existing one.

Currently we are in the discussions about SW design of UARTE shim.

Best regards,

Jakub Rzeszutko