From: devel@... <devel@...> On Behalf Of Chettimada, Vinayak Kariappa
Sent: Monday, June 4, 2018 13:13
To: Vikrant More <vikrant8051@...>
Cc: Abderrezak Mekkaoui <ab.mekka@...>; devel@...; users@...
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-users] [Zephyr-devel] How to change Bluetooth default TX power ?

Vikrant,

Sure, I will send a PR for that one as soon as I can (tomorrow maybe).

Regards,
Vinayak

On 4 Jun 2018, at 23:41, Vikrant More <mailto:vikrant8051@...> wrote:

Hi Vinayak,
As of now, I need build time configuration option to change Tx power. It will be great, if we could do it by editing prj.conf.

Thank You !!

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018, 11:29 PM Chettimada, Vinayak Kariappa <mailto:vinayak.kariappa.chettimada@...> wrote:
Hi Vikrant and Abderrezak,

Please elaborate on your applications' use case for Tx power change. Do you want to use a build time custom Tx power setting or runtime dynamic update to Tx Power?

As there is no HCI command to update Tx power, except in Extended Advertising feature, it is important to define a Host API for a dynamic update well suited targeting an use case for legacy advertising and connections.
This will then need to define vendor specific HCI extensions to update the settings in the controller’s radio implementations.

Regards,
Vinayak

On 4 Jun 2018, at 19:28, Abderrezak Mekkaoui <mailto:ab.mekka@...> wrote:

Hi All,
I have the same issue. This is clearly an app variable imho.
Thanks
Abderrezak

On 6/4/2018 9:45 AM, vikrant8051 wrote:
Hi,

If anyone want to edit tx power of #nRF52840_PDK, then have to edit two file ..
1) $zephyr/subsys/bluetooth/controller/ll_sw/ctrl.c: L5882
2)  $zephyr/subsys/bluetooth/controller/ll_sw/ll_test.c: L189

which are part of Bluetooth Stack.

How to modify TX power at APP level (after reboot or in middle of firmware execution) ?
Is it possible to use some configuration parameter for it ?

Thank You !!