From: <devel@...> on behalf of vikrant8051 <vikrant8051@...>
Date: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 14:02
To: "Hedberg, Johan" <johan.hedberg@...>, "devel@..." <devel@...>
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] Using a predefined passkey on a BLE peripheral device with no input/output

Hi Johan,

This is not new requirement. I had asked similar question on Jan 25, 2018

This is for your reference,

Need was static passkey for pairing. But no one entertained that question at that time. 😊

Thanks !!

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018, 2:13 AM Johan Hedberg <johan.hedberg@...> wrote:

Hi Jun,

We don't have such a feature currently (no one has asked for it until
now). Do I understand right that you want to have a per-device static
random passkey that's e.g. on a sticker on the device, in the packaging
or the manual, and the user then needs to read that and enter it into
the other device that's initiating the pairing?

I would do this as a runtime API instead of Kconfig since some devices
may need to dig out the value from a special flash location or factory
register.

By calling the new (yet to be defined) API it would essentially force
our IO Capability to DisplayOnly, however instead of using the
passkey_display callback from struct bt_conn_auth_cb we would use the
value given by the app using the new API? I suppose we should also
reject pairings from any remote device which doesn't have sufficient IO
capabilities to perform passkey entry (say, they have DisplayOnly or
NoInputNoOutput), right? Are there any special considerations with
legacy pairing vs secure connections that should be taken into account?

Could you open a github issue for this, so we can document the exact
requirement, and get it implemented in time for Zephyr 1.13?

Johan