- Has anyone used the USB HS port used as a USB FS on STM32F4?
Re: Has anyone used the USB HS port used as a USB FS on STM32F4?
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Hi Jun Li,
About 'USB' flag, you might be interested by the following comment, file sub_dc_stm32.c, line72:
* USB and USB_OTG_FS are defined in STM32Cube HAL and allows to distinguish
* between two kind of USB DC. STM32 F0, F3, and L0 series support USB device
* controller. STM32 F4 and F7 series support USB_OTG_FS device controller.
* STM32 F1 and L4 series support either USB or USB_OTG_FS device controller.
* WARNING: Don't mix USB defined in STM32Cube HAL and CONFIG_USB from Zephyr
* Kconfig system.
I agree the name of 'USB' is unfortunate, I've submitted a request to change it.
This might take a while though.
On Fri, 6 Jul 2018 at 03:21, Li, Jun R <jun.r.li@...
I have a STM32F429 board on which the USB high speed port (pinned out by PB14 and PB15) is exposed as a USB normal speed port, compared with the USB FS port from PA11 and PA12 usually on other STM32F4’s discovery boards. I’m sure the high
speed USB port on PB14 and PB15 can work as a normal speed USB port since we have another working firmware running on the same board and using the same USB port.
Now I’m trying to port Zephyr 1.12 to this board, and enabling this USB port. I’ve checked the USB device driver file:
drivers/usb/device/usb_dc_stm32.c and found that it seems the high speed USB port is already supported if the macro “USB” is enabled. However, I can’t find where the macro “USB” can be enabled. So, I’m wondering if anyone has used the USB
port on PB14 and PB15 with Zephyr and enabled the macro “USB”?
Also, the macro “USB” is very confusing with zephyr’s macro “CONFIG_USB”. I recommend to rename this one with other proper name. The macro seems to have been introduced by Yannis Damigos. So, I’m cc’ing Yannis Damigos here, trying to get
his attention to this.
Jun Li @ Intel
Join firstname.lastname@example.org to automatically receive all group messages.