From: <devel@lists.zephyrproject.org> on behalf of Carles Cufi <carles.cufi@nordicsemi.no>
Date: Friday, 21 September 2018 at 12:58 PM
To: "dhguja@gmail.com" <dhguja@gmail.com>, "devel@lists.zephyrproject.org" <devel@lists.zephyrproject.org>, "Dunaj, Pawel" <padu@nvlsi.no>, "Gawor, Kamil" <Kamil.Gawor@nordicsemi.no>, "Piszczek, Kamil" <Kamil.Piszczek@nordicsemi.no>, "Von Dentz, Luiz" <luiz.von.dentz@intel.com>
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] Choosing Tx Buffers in BLE stack

Hi there,

Copying a few people to this thread.

From: devel@lists.zephyrproject.org <devel@lists.zephyrproject.org> on behalf of dhguja@gmail.com <dhguja@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2018 11:56 AM
To: devel@lists.zephyrproject.org
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] Choosing Tx Buffers in BLE stack

Hello,
I am working on a BLE HID keyboard application using zephyr 1.13.

I was playing around with Tx buffers (specifically Maximum number of pending TX buffers, Number of Tx buffers).

With default buffer settings the characters were transmitted very slowly due to small number of buffers. But as soon as

i increased it to 3 pending buffers and 3 Tx buffers i saw significant improvement in the speed of characters transmitted.

My question is how to choose the buffer values for this?.

The reason is currently i face a compatibility problem with my HID application, where it works fine in Linux, Android, iOS devices

with increased number of buffers, but crashes on windows system. When i debugged the HCI log (from
btmon) i saw that with
increased buffers, characters are sent very quickly on the order of 500 us for each character. This causes the data (of 20 characters)
to be transmitted within one or two connection intervals. Maybe this causes some overflow in windows systems. I would like to know

what are the implications of choosing a number of Tx buffers and pending buffers.

It will be helpful if anyone can tell how to choose the number of Tx buffers? or even point to some direction in the BLE specification?

Thank you,
Dhananjay G J