Re: Running Hello World for Dragino-LSN50 on B-L072Z-LRWAN1 Dicovery Board

Erwan Gouriou

Le ven. 21 sept. 2018 à 10:45, <seems.deviant@...> a écrit :

В Чтв, 20/09/2018 в 23:43 +0200, Erwan Gouriou пишет:
> Hi,
>
> Looking to B-L072Z-LRWAN1 user manual, it seems that you can get ST-
> Link VCP using USART2,
> Did you changed the console settings to match this configuration ?

In order to answer your question I've inspected the
boards/arm/nucleo_l073rz/nucleo_l073rz_defconfig which has a Virtual
COM Port. And I didn't find any UART-specific configuration
options except for CONFIG_SERIAL, CONFIG_CONSOLE and
CONFIG_UART_CONSOLE that should be specified for a VCP to work
correctly.

You don't have to care about VCP, this is internal to ST-Link chip, just make sure that console is set to uart2(.DTS) and enabled (_defconfig).

Could you point out which options do I need to change/specify?

> Then, fortunately, both boards share the same pin mapping on this
> UART,
> so on this point you should be fine.
>
> Last, one point to check would be the clock settings;
> Dragino uses HSI driven PLL, does this fit with B-L072Z-LRWAN1?

Yes, the B-L072Z-LRWAN1 uses the same HSI 16M clock source, that's what
datasheet says.

Great, you should be fine then!