From: users@... <users@...> On Behalf Of Manu R
Sent: 08 October 2018 18:56
To: devel@...; users@...
Subject: [Zephyr-users] assertion fail in nordic nrf5 i2c driver

Hi all,

I am using a lis2dh12 with a nrf52840, and am on occasion seeing an assertion.

It happens in the i2c_nrf5_read

err=0 txd=0 rxd=0 stopped=0 errsrc=0x0

ASSERTION FAIL [data->stopped] @ <snip>/zephyr_new/drivers/i2c/i2c_nrf5.c:142:

We are based off of 5890004ea72066fb4b1e8100bb289fb5a00646a5 ( r 1.12)

Can someone shed light on whats happening? It looks like I am waiting for the EVENTS_STOPPED to hit in the isr, but seeing the data->stopped is not set, perhaps its not?

Are there any remedies? It looks like this condition should be benign, am I mistaken?

Thanks

Manu