Re: [Zephyr-users] assertion fail in nordic nrf5 i2c driver

Marco Tozzini <lists@...>

Hi Manu,
I think I had the same problem and solved using the process showed here.
https://youtu.be/vioi4OsmB_U

Cheers,
Marco

On October 9, 2018 12:03:01 PM PDT, Manu R <manu@...> wrote:
Carles, I am trying to use 1.13 and am having some issues. I can build hello_world, but when i tried to build anything with i2c, I have issues. ( drivers__i2c was created without source files)
Thanks
Manu

build (master) $ ninja

[0/1] Re-running CMake...

CMake Warning at /Users/manurao/temp/zephyr/cmake/app/boilerplate.cmake:167 (message):

  The build directory must be cleaned pristinely when changing boards

Call Stack (most recent call first):

  CMakeLists.txt:3 (include)

-- Selected BOARD nrf52_pca10040

Zephyr version: 1.13.99

Parsing Kconfig tree in /Users/manurao/temp/zephyr/Kconfig

CMake Warning at /Users/manurao/temp/zephyr/cmake/toolchain.cmake:48 (message):

  gccarmemb is deprecated, please use gnuarmemb instead

Call Stack (most recent call first):

  /Users/manurao/temp/zephyr/cmake/app/boilerplate.cmake:269 (include)

  CMakeLists.txt:3 (include)

-- Generating zephyr/include/generated/generated_dts_board.h

-- Cache files will be written to: /Users/manurao/Library/Caches/zephyr

CMake Error at ../../CMakeLists.txt:544 (message):

  The Zephyr library 'drivers__i2c' was created without source files.  Empty

  (non-imported) libraries are not supported.  Either make sure that the

  library has the sources it should have, or make sure it is not created when

  it has no source files.

See also "/Users/manurao/temp/zephyr/samples/hello_world/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

See also "/Users/manurao/temp/zephyr/samples/hello_world/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

FAILED: build.ninja

/usr/local/Cellar/cmake/3.11.0/bin/cmake -H/Users/manurao/temp/zephyr/samples/hello_world -B/Users/manurao/temp/zephyr/samples/hello_world/build

ninja: error: rebuilding 'build.ninja': subcommand failed

build (master) $

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 12:58 AM Cufi, Carles <Carles.Cufi@...> wrote:

Hi Manu,

The I2C driver has since been completely rewritten to use nrfx, our common driver codebase.

Would it be possible for you to try with current master (or at least 1.13) to see if you still face the issues you mention?

Carles