From: <devel@...> on behalf of "Häring Benjamin (haej)" <haej@...>
Date: Friday, 2 November 2018 at 14:27
To: "devel@..." <devel@...>
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] Using BLE IPSP with a Smartphone or Tablet as Host

Hello everyone

I would like to wirelessly connect some sensor nodes with IPv6 to a smartphone or tablet. I plan to use 6LoWPAN over BLE with the help of IPSP. I have already successfully put the IPSP sample project into operation and tested it. This is basically what I tried to accomplish. Now I want to replace the Linux host with a smartphone or tablet. For this procedure, I did some research on the internet and found this post in the Nordic Forum:

https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/f/nordic-q-a/25337/6lowpan-with-android-ios-mobile-devices

According to this thread, it is not possible to do this with an iOS or Android mobile device. However, this post is already older than 1 year. Nevertheless, I cannot find any further information on this topic.

Has anyone tried or implemented anything similar before? Does anyone have more information on this?

Regards

Benjamin