From: devel@lists.zephyrproject.org <devel@lists.zephyrproject.org> on behalf of Balasubramanyam <rangineni.balu@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2018 4:48:20 PM
To: marti@foundries.io
Cc: devel@lists.zephyrproject.org
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] Getting started with ARM GNU Compiler | errors | #gettingstartedguide

Hi Marti,

I tried compiling zephyr\samples\hello_world\ project.
I used camke command to compile
cmake -GNinja -DBOARD=nrf52832_mdk ..

Failure seen after this command itself. But when I tried compiling blinky project I did not see any issue.

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 9:10 PM Marti Bolivar <marti@foundries.io<mailto:marti@foundries.io>> wrote:
Hi,

Is this an upstream sample project? What command lines did you use for
cmake and building the project itself?

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 9:55 PM <rangineni.balu@gmail.com<mailto:rangineni.balu@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi Team,

I am just getting started with Zephyr and trying to setup development environment. I followed all the steps described to setup ARM GNU GCC toolchain and compilation ENV.
After setting up everything required, I got the following error after trying to compile a sample project.

"
CMake Error at ../../cmake/extensions.cmake:1086 (message):
Assertion failed: The toolchain is unable to build a dummy C file. See
CMakeError.log.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
../../CMakeLists.txt:28 (assert)

See also "../zephyr/samples/hello_world/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "../zephyr/samples/hello_world/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
""

I went through the log files and it seems build failed at following

""
The output was:
1
c:/gnu_arm_embedded/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/7.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib\libc.a(lib_a-exit.o): In function `exit':
exit.c:(.text.exit+0x2c): undefined reference to `_exit'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status""

Seems ARM compiler issue, after bit of google found out that these options "--specs=nosys.specs" needs to be passed as command line params to run gcc.
I am not able to figure out where i can exactly instruct build environment to use these command line options for GCC.

I have attached both error and output log.
Any help will be appreciated to be able to compile a project successfully.

Thanks,
Balasubramanyam Rangineni

--
Thanks & Regards,