Re: Introducing west, Zephyr's meta-tool

Carles Cufi

Hi David,

-----Original Message-----
From: David Leach <david.leach@nxp.com>
Sent: 05 February 2019 06:40
To: Cufi, Carles <Carles.Cufi@nordicsemi.no>; zephyr-devel <zephyr-
devel@lists.zephyrproject.org>; zephyr-users@lists.zephyrproject.org
Subject: RE: Introducing west, Zephyr's meta-tool

With west merged in does that mean we can no longer use the cmake/ninja
debug type of flow (I'm seeing a problem).
You can definitely continue to use the exact same workflow as before. If there's a problem please let us know via GitHub issue or on Slack.

If not, will the west setup instructions work on an existing working
directory or do we have to start from scratch?
This is thoroughly documented in the new Getting Started guide:

https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/getting_started/getting_started.html#get-the-source-code

You can use "west init -l" to initialize an existing copy of zephyr.