From: <devel@...> on behalf of Marc Herbert <marc.herbert@...>
Date: Monday, 25 February 2019 at 17:28
To: Björn Stenberg <bjorn@...>, "devel@..." <devel@...>
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] Seeing and running what CI does (was: CODEOWNERS check in CI)

Hi Björn,

I asked this question on Slack some time back and Anas answered it's not possible (yet?) for various reasons, one of them related to github accounts and security.

Fortunately something even more useful is already possible: running the checks yourself. Just run this compliance_script.py script:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/ci-tools/tree/master/scripts

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/ci-tools/pulls

I know run this script *before* uploading anything to github as it obviously saves round trips and time.

You also need the "sanitycheck" script in the other, main repo.

I think sanitycheck is mentioned in the online documentation and the check_compliance about to be.

On a related CI topic, here's why the code coverage report is very often bogus:

https://github.com/codecov/codecov-bash/issues/83 thumbs up to "vote" for it

Cheers,

Marc

From: <devel@...> on behalf of Stenberg <bjorn@...>
Date: Monday, 25 February 2019 at 00:09
To: "devel@..." <devel@...>
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] CODEOWNERS check in CI

Can we please make the "Details" links for these checks show the actual output of the check command, rather than the current generic information about why the check exists?