Re: Seeing and running what CI does (was: CODEOWNERS check in CI)

Nashif, Anas

2. As the opposite experience, I also got for another work in progress / hack / draft PR:
>> Documentation build with 'make htmldocs' failed.
>> ... and that's it; no logs or error message whatsoever, just this line. I have some guesses of what fails in CI while everything works for me (it is a documentation _hack_) but zero information on what exactly or how.
>>

> Still unclear.

A python exception happens in this case, you can always reproduce it locally by running 'make htmldocs'. This used to generate no reports at all previously, so progress. I am not sure how useful would it be putting the python exception in the comments.

Anas

´╗┐On 01/03/2019, 20:03, "Herbert, Marc" <marc.herbert@...> wrote:

Quick update.

> 1. [*] "yay!"... except it's not clear why tests run by Shippable are not deterministic: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/13803 randconfig maybe? I digress.

Non-determinism found and explained: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/13973

Thanks to the reviewers for the very quick reviews.

> 2. As the opposite experience, I also got for another work in progress / hack / draft PR:
> Documentation build with 'make htmldocs' failed.
> ... and that's it; no logs or error message whatsoever, just this line. I have some guesses of what fails in CI while everything works for me (it is a documentation _hack_) but zero information on what exactly or how.

Still unclear.

> 3. In the same draft PR as 2. I "forgot" a license header in a temporary file. While it does not provide the command and log, the zephyrbot told me in very nice terms what was wrong. What's still confusing however is why the zephyr-ci-tools/scripts/check_compliance.py [-m Licence] script which I did run before pushing keeps telling me everything is fine and didn't save me the round trip time (and embarrassment). A typo would also cost (another) round-trip. This script really looks like the check zephyrbot runs but... it's apparently not or not quite?

Mystery solved: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/ci-tools/pull/25

Another mystery being fixed by Ulf: CODEOWNERS failing locally but not in CI
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/ci-tools/pull/23