Re: How to run samples/subsys/usb/console on windows with nrf52840_pac10056?

Lars Knudsen

Hi Carles,

If the right descriptors are added, it should be possible to get working without the *.inf file.  Windows is a mess - but it *is* possible.

There seem to be something wrong in the descriptors (at least in the WebUSB sample) preventing windows from picking up the device sans drivers - but I know it is possible because I made it in this project (mbed based... trying to find time to port it over ;)) ->

(it depends on this lib that has some of the webusb support -> https://os.mbed.com/users/larsgk/code/USBDevice_WebUSB/file/1d8a6665d607/WebUSBDevice/ )

Also... remember that windows remembers devices and their drivers.. and during development/test of the solution, the easiest might be to have a clean windows VM that can be deleted on every try ... that or bump the PID ;) ... windows is ..interesting

br
Lars

On Sat, Mar 16, 2019 at 12:42 PM Cufi, Carles <carles.cufi@...> wrote:

Hi Aaron,

This is because Windows needs an .inf file with matching VID/PID.

Marcin from Nordic is currently working on addressing that.

See: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/14106

Carles