From: Hedberg, Johan <johan.hedberg@intel.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2019 4:14 PM
To: Kai Ren <kren@bluetooth.com>
Cc: devel@lists.zephyrproject.org
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] [Bluetooth mesh]How can I change device name at runtime in ./sample/bluetooth/mesh/?

Hi Kai,

On 19 Mar 2019, at 6.55, Kai Ren <kren@bluetooth.com> wrote:
I’m using Zephyr v1.12.0 release, the sample code I used is ./sample/bluetooth/mesh/.
In this project, I know the device name (used at provisioning phase over PB-GATT) is predefined in *.prj file, CONFIG_BT_DEVICE_NAME . Is it possible to change the device name at runtime?
I plan to use chip’s factory ID to replace the predefined device name.
The bt_set_name() and bt_get_name() APIs were introduced in Zephyr 1.13.