Re: SDK migration 0.9.5 -> 0.10.0 increase CPU usage

nicolas lantz

Anas,

The processor is an nrf52840, and the opus codec is imported from the "nRFready Smart Remote 3 for nRF52 Series" project.

The project is build with the NEWLIB_LIBC and i have also imported some C Flags in the CMakeLists.txt  to disable Floating point use and enable some DSP extensions available on Nordic chip .

set(CMAKE_C_FLAGS "${CMAKE_C_FLAGS} \
 -DARM_MATH_CM4 \
 -DDISABLE_FLOAT_API \
 -DFIXED_POINT \
 -DHAVE_ALLOCA_H \
 -DUSE_ALLOCA \
 -DHAVE_LRINT \
 -DHAVE_LRINTF \
 -DOPUS_ARM_ASM \
 -DOPUS_ARM_INLINE_ASM \
 -DOPUS_ARM_INLINE_EDSP \
 -DOPUS_ARM_INLINE_MEDIA \
 -DOPUS_ARM_MAY_HAVE_EDSP \
 -DOPUS_ARM_PRESUME_EDSP \
 -DVAR_ARRAYS \
 -DOPUS_BUILD \
 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H \
 -g \
")

I guess the new toolchain does not treat these optimizations the same way...

My first demo with opus :
https://gitlab.com/ubicore/zephyr/commit/177a410c6902ecacb9552c907f1e4f60e7a23b1a

Nicolas

Nicolas LANTZ
M : +33 (0)6 19 07 43 43
T : +33 (0)9 52 96 81 86
www.ubicore.net
Le 27/03/2019 à 15:21, Nashif, Anas a écrit :

Nicolas,

Which architecture? I did not see any issues.

Anas