Re: How to run samples/subsys/usb/console on windows with nrf52840_pac10056?

Aaron Xu

Hi,

After updating my zephyr code to latest, I found some patch already done both on USB driver and sample. Good job!
And the result of console sample on my win10 PC is changed, there is one more Zephyr port, looks the USB device already be recognized, but still not works.

Any patch pending not merged?

2.png

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 3:36 PM Andrei Emeltchenko <andrei.emeltchenko.news@...> wrote:
Hi Lars,

On Sat, Mar 16, 2019 at 12:57:52PM +0100, Lars Knudsen wrote:
>    Hi Carles,
>    If the right descriptors are added, it should be possible to get working
>    without the *.inf file.  Windows is a mess - but it *is* possible.
>    There seem to be something wrong in the descriptors (at least in the
>    WebUSB sample) preventing windows from picking up the device sans drivers
>    - but I know it is possible because I made it in this project (mbed
>    based... trying to find time to port it over ;)) ->

Do they use MS OS Descriptors to pick right driver? We have this
capability in Zephyr, it is used in RNDIS to pick RNDIS compatible
device driver.

You can also create issue for the sample.

Best regards
Andrei Emeltchenko