Re: [Zephyr Main] WEST File Initialization Problem

Marti Bolivar <marti@...>

What version of Ubuntu are you using?

If you ran "pip3 install --user west" and west cannot be run afterwards, it sounds like the directory that the west binary was installed into is not on your $PATH. Older versions of Ubuntu sometimes have this issue; I forget which ones.

Usually this directory is ~/.local/bin. Please ensure this directory is on your PATH environment variable and try again.

If that doesn't work, you can confirm where west was installed by running "pip3 show -f west"; check both the Location: value and the [...]/bin/west relative path in the Files: list that follows.

Marti

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019, 10:22 PM M Rizwan Ghori <rizwanghori@...> wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for your kind response. I am using Ubuntu OS for the project. I have followed all the installation steps given on webpage (Linux)

https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/getting_started/installation_linux.html

Moreover, after following all the steps of aforementioned link, i started the next step given on the following link.

https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/getting_started/index.html#get-the-source-code

Commands Tried on Ubuntu:

west --version
west init zephyrproject
Error Received on Execution of the aforementioned commands:

No command 'west' found, did you mean:
Command 'test' from package 'coreutils' (main)
west: command not found

Best Regards
Muhammad Rizwan Ghori
USM Fellow,