Re: strange build error when building documentation

Perez-Gonzalez, Inaky <inaky.perez-gonzalez@...>

I see it too

Please file a bug and assign to David Kinder -- he can do more research on it.

From: zephyr-devel-bounces@... [zephyr-devel-bounces@...] on behalf of Boie, Andrew P [andrew.p.boie@...]
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 12:01 PM
To: Zephyr Devel
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] strange build error when building documentation

I'm getting a strange build error when I try to build documentation in the Zephyr master branch. Has anyone ever seen this before? This is an up-to-date Fedora 25 machine.

apboie@apboie-mobl1:/projects/zephyr/doc master /projects/zephyr

$ make htmldocs

doxygen zephyr.doxyfile

scripts/extract_content.py

srctree=../ SRCARCH=x86 python scripts/genrest/genrest.py ../Kconfig reference/kconfig/

../Kconfig.zephyr:11: warning: The symbol KERNELVERSION references the non-existent environment variable KERNELVERSION and will get the empty string as its value. If you're using Kconfiglib via 'make (i)scriptconfig', it should have set up the environment correctly for you. If you still got this message, that might be an error, and you should email ulfalizer a.t Google's email service.

sphinx-build -t development -b html -d _build/doctrees  -q . _build/html

Exception occurred:

  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/breathe/renderer/compound.py", line 410, in update_signature

    signode.children[1][0] = self.node_factory.strong(text="[anonymous]")

IndexError: list index out of range

The full traceback has been saved in /tmp/sphinx-err-ybwcan.log, if you want to report the issue to the developers.

Please also report this if it was a user error, so that a better error message can be provided next time.

A bug report can be filed in the tracker at <https://github.com/sphinx-doc/sphinx/issues>. Thanks!

Makefile:82: recipe for target 'html' failed

make: *** [html] Error 1