Re: Nordic nRF52832 - UART redefining the pins?

The default PINs are configured in the board .dts file:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/master/boards/arm/nrf52_pca10040/nrf52_pca10040.dts#L95

You can indeed change them in you .overlay file.

Hardware flow-control is not required but highly recommended.