Re: Question about "Zephyr Modules"

I would not compare west to bitbake, maybe to android repo.
The modules are going to be part of the zephyr project, so they will not randomly disappear.

From: Pushpal Sidhu [mailto:psidhu.devel@...]
Sent: Thursday, May 9, 2019 3:35 PM
To: Nashif, Anas <anas.nashif@...>
Cc: devel <devel@...>
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] Question about "Zephyr Modules"

Hi Anas,

On 5/9/19, Nashif, Anas <anas.nashif@...> wrote:
Pushpal,

You will need to use west to get the modules, but you can still build
do everything else as usual.
QMSI is just the first of many PR that we follow.
Thank you for your response. I figured that we're moving towards these modules. I just wanted to verify that west is becoming an integral tool for working with Zephyr. It sounds very similar to bitbake.

Has the question of backups been answered? For example, if the source that a build relies on disappears, how can we continue to use it?

Will west be included with the SDK in the future? Or maybe not because looking at the documentation, west can actually be used to clone down Zephyr.

Thanks again!
- Pushpal