From: Cufi, Carles <Carles.Cufi@...>
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2019 10:23 AM
To: David Leach <david.leach@...>; steven.l.wang@...; devel@...
Subject: RE: [Zephyr-devel] west: multiple local west project installations

That is actually incorrect, you can have as many installations as you want. In your case:

cd ~/work

west init zephyrproject

west init mytestzephyrproject

cd zephyrproject

west update

cd ../mytestzephyrproject

west update

and then do whatever you want in each of the installations, and choose one by either going into one:

vim west.yml

<edit>

west update // will only affect mytestzephyrproject

and so on.

I am not sure what makes you think that you cannot have multiple west/zephyr installations in your system, I have several myself without any problems at all.

Note that the zephyr.base-prefer setting will affect how ZEPHYR_BASE is determined though: https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/guides/west/config.html

Carles