From: devel@... <devel@...> On Behalf Of Bolivar, Marti via Lists.Zephyrproject.Org
Sent: Saturday 31 August 2019 06:48
To: andrewtholt60@...; devel@...
Cc: devel@...
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] Build posix sample problem (cmake error) #samples #samples #adc #samples

I can't reproduce this exact issue, but I can confirm that with ZEPHYR_TOOLCHAIN_VARIANT=zephyr and ZEPHYR_TOOLCHAIN_VARIANT=host, I get a build error following along with the getting started guide:

[74/74] Linking C executable zephyr/zephyr.elf
/usr/bin/objdump: warning: zephyr.elf: corrupt GNU_PROPERTY_TYPE (5) size: 0
/usr/bin/objdump: warning: zephyr.elf: corrupt GNU_PROPERTY_TYPE (5) size: 0
/usr/bin/objdump: warning: zephyr.elf: corrupt GNU_PROPERTY_TYPE (5) size: 0

My host objdump is v2.32 on Arch; my zephyr SDK version is 0.10.3.

Marti

"Andrew Holt via Lists.Zephyrproject.Org"
<andrewtholt60=gmail.com@...> writes:

Hi,

On running:

west build -b native_posix samples/hello_world

I get the following error, any advice or suggestions ?

-- west build: build configuration:
source directory:
/media/andrewh/SOURCE/Source/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/hello_world
build directory:
/media/andrewh/SOURCE/Source/zephyrproject/zephyr/build
BOARD: native_posix (origin: command line)
-- west build: generating a build system CMake Error: The source
directory "" does not exist.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
ERROR: command exited with status 1: /usr/bin/cmake
-B/media/andrewh/SOURCE/Source/zephyrproject/zephyr/build
-S/media/andrewh/SOURCE/Source/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/hello_worl
d -GNinja -DBOARD=native_posix