Re: OpenThread development guide

Arun kumar

Hi Benjamin,

I agree with you about priorities and all. I was looking of an overall road map for further developments around openthread and zephyr. As Robert mentioned the lack of resources, i was thinking of contributing into that. So, it would be a bit easy if there will be a clear road map.

On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 12:16 PM Benjamin Lindqvist <benjamin.lindqvist@...> wrote:
Hi Arun,

The NCP should probably not be high in the list of priorities - I doubt it makes a huge difference for the infrastructure that the NCP was compiled from some Nordic SDK or whatever.

This is just the opinion from a Thread non-expert but what I feel should be prioritized is making sure there's plenty of clean samples and good documentation. It would be nice with an actual Zephyr control interface as well, possibly utilizing the IFUP/IFDOWN signaling mechanisms, options for delaying Thread initialization until credentials are added and of course an API for altering the credentials.

On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 8:37 AM Arun Kumar <arun.ece.nitp@...> wrote:
Hi Robert,

Do we have clear road map for openthread integration in zephyr (I mean integration of NCP like things we are lacking so far) ?

with regards,

On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 4:21 PM Lubos, Robert <robert.lubos@...> wrote:

Hi Benjamin,

Sorry for late reply, I’ve just came back from holiday. See my responses inline.

Regards,

Robert