From: devel@lists.zephyrproject.org <devel@lists.zephyrproject.org> On Behalf Of Lawrence King
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2019 12:40 PM
To: Allen Curtis <allen@criticalsoftwaresolutions.com>; Bolivar, Marti <Marti.Bolivar@nordicsemi.no>
Cc: devel@lists.zephyrproject.org; jaeminy.choi@samsung.com
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] question in zephyrproject

I’m with Charles. I had to add this to my .bashrc

export PATH=~/.local/bin:$PATH

Once I did this everything is good.
That is a separate issue as described in the back and forth between
Carles and I.

Let's not confuse the PATH environment variable, which is used to locate
the executable "west" file, with sys.path, which is the variable
Python uses to locate importable modules. The latter can be augmented
using the PYTHONPATH environment variable, but it should not be
necessary if python and pip3 are configured properly (and using the
default configuration for at least Ubuntu and Arch in my testing).

Lawrence King
Principal Developer
+1(416)627-7302