You can use nRF sniffer found here: https://www.nordicsemi.com/Software-and-tools/Development-Tools/nRF-Sniffer-for-Bluetooth-LE
And check the wireshark logs for advertising interval and channels. If you still see issue, do revert back with a GitHub Issue with details to reproduce and wireshark logs.
Sent: 17 March 2020 15:18
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] Zephyr rtos : Unable to scan all broadcasted BLE packets #ble #hci #nrf52480 #samples #uart #zephyrbluetoothmesh
I have observed one thing related to zephyr's hci_uart sample application.
I have used above application to implement the logic of beacon scanning in my custom application.
(Used Bluez 5.50 from host side. Nordic's nrf52840_pca10056 chip with zephyr's hci_uart app flashed in it).
Now, my concern is, I have got one beacon which has a default advertising interval set to 900ms.
So, At least i should get 1 broadcated BLE packet per second.
- I'm scanning the beacon using 'nrf Connect' android mobile application.
- Here, i can see that packets are being received with adv interval gap of 500ms-900ms roughly.
- i.e, Ar least 1 packet per second.
- While scanning through my application for consecutive 10 secs, I hardly receives 1 or 2 packets.
- Why is it so ? Ideally, At best i should get 10 samples in 10 secs.
Is there any issue with zephyr or Nordic's nrf52840?
Is it possible that the broadcasted packets are not falling in the physical channels 37,38,39 for being scanned, because of which the beacon packets are missing?