Re: Zephyr Help

Dinh, Kien T

Hi Tamra,

Please take a look at this page to see how to setup the environment, build and flash Zephyr app for Arduino 101

https://www.zephyrproject.org/doc/boards/x86/arduino_101/doc/board.html

You’ll need to specify the board type in your build command:

$ make BOARD=arduino_101

And then flash it:

$ dfu-util -a x86_app -D outdir/arduino_101/zephyr.bin

Please note that you’ll need a Zephyr Bluetooth stack for the beacon app to work. Please refer to this section to see how.

And finally, to set up the serial output, please refer to this section to see how.

Regards,

Kien

From: <zephyr-devel-bounces@...> on behalf of Tamra Oyama <tamrako@...>
Date: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 9:08
To: "zephyr-devel@..." <zephyr-devel@...>
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] Zephyr Help

Hello Zephyr Team,

In the zephyr folder, I am trying to compile the beacon file in the zephyr folder (CODK/zephyr/samples/bluetooth/beacon). It compiles when I write the command, "make", however I am unable to upload it to my Curie on the Arduino 101 using  the "make run SERIAL_PORT=/dev/ttyUSB0 command." This results in the following errors:

make[1]: Entering directory '/home/tamrako/CODK/zephyr/zephyr-project'

make[2]: Entering directory '/home/tamrako/CODK/zephyr/zephyr-project/samples/bluetooth/scan_adv/outdir/qemu_x86'

make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'upload'.  Stop.

make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/tamrako/CODK/zephyr/zephyr-project/samples/bluetooth/scan_adv/outdir/qemu_x86'

Makefile:177: recipe for target 'sub-make' failed

make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2

make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/tamrako/CODK/zephyr/zephyr-project'

/home/tamrako/CODK/zephyr/zephyr-project/Makefile.inc:136: recipe for target 'upload' failed

make: *** [upload] Error 2

Do you know the appropriate command to do this? I have looked at the hello world example previously for zephyr and was able to compile it just fine. In that example, nothing is uploaded to the board. I can run hello world without connecting the Arduino 101 at all. I was wondering what the specific command was to upload to the board in zephyr. I know I am able to use cutecom for the M and Z tree. Do you think cutecom would still be appropriate for zephyr and if so do you know what the upload command is using USB for the serial port?

Thank you,

Tamra