Re: [Zephyr-users] [Zephyr-devel] Post 2.3.0 PR merging

Nashif, Anas

Agreed. Those who can merge, should take 2 approvals and all other checks as a sign that it is ready to merge, no need for the approval of the person who merges, although a 3rd approval might give the PR a strong “Go”. This is actually what we agreed on 😊

Anas

From: <users@...> on behalf of Lawrence King <lawrence.king@...>
Date: Monday, 6 July 2020 at 15:41
To: Carles Cufi <carles.cufi@...>, Simon Glass <sjg@...>
Cc: "devel@..." <devel@...>, "users@..." <users@...>
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-users] [Zephyr-devel] Post 2.3.0 PR merging

Hi Charles:

This just my personal opinion on the subject. Two approvals is the right thing to do and what the TSC approved earlier this year.

BUT, if the second +1 is just a rubber stamp approval of the maintainer’s +1 then there is no point having two approvals.

The second +1 should come from someone who is: knowledgeable in the area, has studied the changes, and approves.

Lawrence King

Principal Developer

+1(416)627-7302