Re: What happened to github issue tracker?

Paul Sokolovsky

Hello Andrew,

On Tue, 18 Jul 2017 16:04:01 +0000
"Boie, Andrew P" <andrew.p.boie@intel.com> wrote:

Why were bugs being filed on Github instead of JIRA?
It would be interesting to ask someone who posted a first bug on Github
why they did that. But I'd imagine the answer would be "The project is
on github, bug tracker is on github, where else should I post bugs???"

I can explain why I gave up and started to submit bugs on Github too,
like other people did - because it's awfully practical, can be
done quickly, allows to xref other bugs/pullreqs/commits, etc.

Having two simultaneous bug tracking systems in use seems insane to
me.
I guess we can always switch to github tracker ahead of schedule.

But the question is why Github tracker, containing important
information (down-to-earth, daily bugs vs mostly "something for
[distant] future" in Jira) was disabled without a prior notice.

From: zephyr-devel-bounces@lists.zephyrproject.org
[mailto:zephyr-devel-bounces@lists.zephyrproject.org] On Behalf Of
Paul Sokolovsky Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 3:07 AM To:
devel@lists.zephyrproject.org; Nashif, Anas <anas.nashif@intel.com>
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] What happened to github issue tracker?

Hello,

Some people started to use Github's project issue tracker at
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr to file routine issues
(*not* epics or user stories) - for example, regression reports after
recently merged patches.

Today, suddenly, access to Github issue tracker is blocked,
corresponding tab is removed from the page above. And nothing here on
the mailing list.

Please re-enable the issue tracker, as it already contains important
information required to work on the quality 1.9 release.

Thanks.

Linaro.org | Open source software for ARM SoCs Follow Linaro:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro http://twitter.com/#!/linaroorg
- http://www.linaro.org/linaro-blog