From: devel@... <devel@...> On Behalf Of Raúl Sánchez Siles
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2021 12:06 PM
To: devel@...
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] Patch contribution tips

  Hello:

  I have dared to create my first contribution [1]. Unfortunately I think there are some missing bits I would need to figure out somewhere. I took a look at the documentation and did my best, but still some gaps are left to me to fill in.

[1] https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/33642

  For this particular PR, the patch compliance check fails because I copied verbatim the error I tried to fix and some of the commit lines are longer than what is recommended and hence the check fails due to warnings. My first question is whether this kind of warnings are tolerated (for the PR to succeed) and if is there a way to hint the compliance checker to overlook such a case.

  For the above PR, I think the changes are simple enough but in case I happen to go with more intrusive changes I would like to know if there is a way to run the complete set of zephyr tests locally somehow. In other words the whole test set contained under the tests/ directory in the greatest possible extension, including all possible archs, boards, etc, ... (if this is possible at all). Perhaps you already do something like this automatically as part of the global CI pipeline.

  Lastly, if you have some more relevant tips about contribution I would like to read them.

Raúl Sánchez Siles

SW Engineer

K-LAGAN EID