Re: ztest and code coverage on actual hardware

novello

Also for me well be important to have an example how to make the test  on nrf52840dk_nrf52840.
Best Regards
Novello G.

Il giorno ven 26 nov 2021 alle ore 16:12 Greg Leach <greg.leach@...> ha scritto:

Hi Maciej – We are looking at a long term goal to integrate z_test as part of our CI process such that our Jenkins build process executes a series of test cases on nRF SoC based physical hardware. We would like to be able to generate a code coverage test report as part of this process and make it visible on Jenkins upon completion of the tests.

From our attempts so far, we are encountering consistent issues with the build system, typically being indicated by timeout and RAM limit errors.

Would you be able to spend 30 minutes with us to review what we’ve done and what may be causing our issue? Failing that, can you provide a tested example project, on Nordic based hardware (e.g. an nRF52840 or nRF5340 Development Kit would be ideal) that we can use as a reference?

We have noticed when enabling code coverage that a linker segment is needed for storage of the coverage data, but this is only actually added to the project linker file when C++ is enabled as a project option.

What we’d really like to be sure of is the project and build options needed to facilitate code coverage testing on physical hardware.

Many thanks,

Greg.