Cancelled: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Monday, January 24, 2022
8:00am to 9:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: Torsten Rasmussen

Live meeting minutes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11ENuzr2oDsHXa2FrHf0S3AQ2HncQbGBCU9F5sjTZUnI________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#

Zephyr v3.0.0 Feature Freeze

Dan Kalowsky

Hello Devel List!

January 21st has arrived and we are now in a feature freeze. To help shorten
the feature freeze time your help would be appreciated in fixing bugs, testing
release candidates, writing the release notes, and
reviewing the PRs at:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+sort%3Aupdated-desc+milestone%3Av3.0.0

The next milestone will be on February 4th, 2022, with a projected release of
Zephyr v3.0.0 on February 11th, 2022.

As a reminder, new feature PRs may still be submitted while the merge window is
closed, but please understand that maintainers will have less time to review
them during the release stabilization period.

Dan Kalowsky

Reminder: v3.0.0 merge window closes tomorrow 1/21/2022

Dan Kalowsky

Hi,

This is your friendly neighborhood Zephyr v3.0.0 release manager here to remind
you that the v3.0.0 merge window for new features closes tomorrow Friday, the 21st of
January. After that, only bug fixes and documentation will be merged until the
final release is tagged, which is targeted for Friday, February 11th.
Exceptions require TSC approval. New feature PRs may still be submitted while
the merge window is closed, but please keep in mind that maintainers will have
less time to review them during the release stabilization period.

Please add the v3.0.0 milestone to PRs that need to be included in the release.

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+sort%3Aupdated-desc+milestone%3Av3.0.0

Please try to help fix bugs, test release candidates, and write release notes
to minimize the time the merge window is closed so we can all quickly get back
to adding fun new things to Zephyr!

Thank you for your contributions!

Regards,

Dan Kalowsky

Cancelled Event: Zephyr: Power Management Sync - Thursday, January 20, 2022 #cal-cancelled

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Cancelled: Zephyr: Power Management Sync

Thursday, January 20, 2022
11:00am to 12:00pm
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+1 321-558-6518,,677440320# United States, Orlando
Phone Conference ID: 677 440 320#

Event: Zephyr: Power Management Sync - 01/20/2022 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr: Power Management Sync

When:
01/20/2022
11:00am to 12:00pm
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+1 321-558-6518,,677440320# United States, Orlando
Phone Conference ID: 677 440 320#

Re: Dev Review Agenda - Jan 20, 2022

Burdick, Thomas

Tuesday, January 18, 2022
8:00am to 9:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#

Event: Zephyr Memory Footprint - biweekly discussion - 01/17/2022 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr Memory Footprint - biweekly discussion

When:
01/17/2022

Working doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bnQLJKVhgI3zkk3MsSXun8onEsA8z1Rf5ohdbCHASmU/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r

Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+1 321-558-6518,,546018126# United States, Orlando
Phone Conference ID: 546 018 126#

REMINDER - v3.0.0 merge window closes Friday January 21st

Dan Kalowsky

Hi,

This is your friendly neighborhood Zephyr v3.0.0 release manager here to remind
you that the v3.0.0 merge window for new features closes Friday, the 21st of
January. After that, only bug fixes and documentation will be merged until the
final release is tagged, which is targeted for Friday, February 11th.
Exceptions require TSC approval. New feature PRs may still be submitted while
the merge window is closed, but please keep in mind that maintainers will have
less time to review them during the release stabilization period.

Please add the v3.0.0 milestone to PRs that need to be included in the release,
and do not wait until Friday, January 21st to submit them.

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/wiki/Program-Management

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+sort%3Aupdated-desc+milestone%3Av3.0.0

Please try to help fix bugs, test release candidates, and write release notes
to minimize the time the merge window is closed so we can all quickly get back
to adding fun new things to Zephyr!

Thank you for your contributions!

Regards,

Dan Kalowsky

Event: Zephyr: Power Management Sync - 01/13/2022 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr: Power Management Sync

When:
01/13/2022
11:00am to 12:00pm
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+1 321-558-6518,,677440320# United States, Orlando
Phone Conference ID: 677 440 320#

Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - 01/13/2022 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When:
01/13/2022
8:00am to 9:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#

Dev Review Agenda - Jan 13, 2022

Maureen Helm

Updated Event: Zephyr Project: APIs #cal-invite

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Zephyr Project: APIs

When:
Tuesday, January 18, 2022
8:00am to 9:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles
Repeats: Weekly on Tuesday

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#

Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - 01/11/2022 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When:
01/11/2022
9:00am to 10:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#

Re: API meeting: agenda

Carles Cufi

Update to the agenda:

- dma: Add suspend and resume API
- PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/41618

From: devel@... <devel@...> on behalf of Keith.Wheeler@... <Keith.Wheeler@...>
Date: Friday, January 7, 2022 at 4:46 PM
To: devel@... <devel@...>
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] large data arrays within .c source

Good day,

Our board support requires a .c file that is essentially a large data array.  If the source file includes appropriate open source wording in the comments, is this acceptable?

Thank you,

-Keith Wheeler

Principal Engineer, Infineon

Re: large data arrays within .c source

Jack Rosenthal

I think in general, we should push vendors away from binary blobs if we can, which would help keep the contribution guidelines to a high standard. Simply rejecting the vendors' blobs during the code review process will force them to reconsider how to submit source code instead of a binary.

We can learn from the coreboot project, which has been trying to define their own policies around binary blobs recently.

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 8:56 AM Rasmussen, Torsten via lists.zephyrproject.org <torsten.rasmussen=nordicsemi.no@...> wrote:

Hi,

I wonder how an array containing binary data created from source code with an unknown license can be said to conform to this:
https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/contribute/external.html#software-license

> Integrating code into the Zephyr Project from other projects that use a license other than the Apache 2.0 license
> needs to be fully understood in context and approved by the Zephyr governing board, as described in the
> Zephyr project charter. The board will automatically reject licenses that have not been approved by the
> Open Source Initiative (OSI). See the Submission and review process section for more details.

/torsten

1 - 20 of 8331