Date

API meeting: agenda

Carles Cufi

Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - 06/17/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When:
06/17/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#

Dev-Review Meeting Agenda June 17th

Kumar Gala

Today’s (Jun 17, 2021) topic will will focus on Flash Map API

- k

On Jun 14, 2021, at 2:43 PM, Kumar Gala <kumar.gala@linaro.org> wrote:

All,

I was hoping to confirm that you’d be able to join this week’s Dev-review meeting as one of the Agenda topic items will be the Flash Map API:

RFC: API Change: Flash map:
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/34706

RFC: Flash area changes:

storage: flash partition API:

I vaguely remember that part of the discussion focused on the implications for MCUboot and how we might cleanup the interface there.

- k

Resolve warning of DT_INST_DMAS_LABEL_BY_NAME deprecated macro in zephyr 2.6.0

Srinivasan Tamilarasan

Hi,

In our dma based serial driver code, I am using the DT_INST_DMAS_LABEL_BY_NAME() as given in below code snippet.

DT_INST_DMAS_LABEL_BY_NAME macro is deprecated in zephyr 2.6.0 release. I am trying to replace the DT_INST_DMAS_LABEL_BY_NAME macro to equal macro.

Option 1:  I have tried that DT_INST_DMAS_LABEL_BY_NAME() with DEVICE_DT_GET(DT_DMAS_CTLR_BY_NAME(n,tx)). But it provided below build error,

Kindly let me know what is the right way to to avoid this waring.

Regards,

Srinivasan

Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - 06/15/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When:
06/15/2021
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#

Re: [DEV REVIEW] Topic - Flash Map API

Bolivar, Marti

I'll be there.

Kumar Gala <kumar.gala@linaro.org> writes:

All,

I was hoping to confirm that you’d be able to join this week’s Dev-review meeting as one of the Agenda topic items will be the Flash Map API:

RFC: API Change: Flash map:
- https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fzephyrproject-rtos%2Fzephyr%2Fissues%2F34706&;data=04%7C01%7CMarti.Bolivar%40nordicsemi.no%7C3222a72b2481490e6ac108d92f6cac2d%7C28e5afa2bf6f419a8cf6b31c6e9e5e8d%7C0%7C0%7C637592966065271826%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=wcsrz3CHdJlVCs%2FPS1vwBqHiIm3Usn3ow4kgrQpsCZs%3D&amp;reserved=0

RFC: Flash area changes:
- https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fzephyrproject-rtos%2Fzephyr%2Fpull%2F34530&;data=04%7C01%7CMarti.Bolivar%40nordicsemi.no%7C3222a72b2481490e6ac108d92f6cac2d%7C28e5afa2bf6f419a8cf6b31c6e9e5e8d%7C0%7C0%7C637592966065281789%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=TU%2BL1LE872WsVa5HZh0w3svP6e9CJ4EiomfO%2FJ4Qnlg%3D&amp;reserved=0

storage: flash partition API:
- https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fzephyrproject-rtos%2Fzephyr%2Fpull%2F34494&;data=04%7C01%7CMarti.Bolivar%40nordicsemi.no%7C3222a72b2481490e6ac108d92f6cac2d%7C28e5afa2bf6f419a8cf6b31c6e9e5e8d%7C0%7C0%7C637592966065281789%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=ohXCWJIMlDWrh8cyrqTDRvlGxvP9dwe63fX1vFRhfwg%3D&amp;reserved=0

I vaguely remember that part of the discussion focused on the implications for MCUboot and how we might cleanup the interface there.

- k

API meeting: agenda

Carles Cufi

[DEV REVIEW] Topic - Flash Map API

Kumar Gala

All,

I was hoping to confirm that you’d be able to join this week’s Dev-review meeting as one of the Agenda topic items will be the Flash Map API:

RFC: API Change: Flash map:
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/34706

RFC: Flash area changes:

storage: flash partition API:

I vaguely remember that part of the discussion focused on the implications for MCUboot and how we might cleanup the interface there.

- k

Happening Now: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - 06/14/2021 #cal-notice

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When:
06/14/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: Torsten Rasmussen

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#

Event: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - 06/14/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When:
06/14/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: Torsten Rasmussen

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#

how to support new touch screen sensor with integration to LVGL

Matias N.

Hi,
I'm considering adding support for a touchscreen sensor (CST816, used in PineTime) and I would like
to use LVGL as well. Right now LVGL expects touchscreen sensor to be exposed via KSCAN API,
however this impedes supporting the touchpad's gesture detection. I found some old messages
in the list proposing a touch API but it was then recommended to use the sensor API. This is indeed
possible but it would require extending LVGL integration layer (besides adding some standard
channel types for gestures and taps, etc).

What is preferable at this point?

Best,
Matias

Making devicetree.h a stable API

Bolivar, Marti

Pull request 36182 has been submitted marking devicetree.h stable:

This email is a notification about that as required by the API
stabilization process which is documented here:

https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/reference/api/api_lifecycle.html#stable

Any feedback should be submitted to the PR.

Thanks,
Martí

Which IDE use for hifive1_revb+zephyr

jesse stone <fatalfeel@...>

https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/boards/riscv/hifive1_revb/doc/index.html

I want to use zephyr on hifive1_revb

Which Ide is recommend?

stm32: PWM: Default all "st,prescaler" pwm property to 0

Erwan Gouriou

Hi all,

I'd like to inform STM32 PWM users that I'm pushing a change [1] to harmonize the default value of property "st,prescaler" to 0 for all pwm nodes on all (STM32) SoCs.

Benefit is to solve the current situation where default value is 0 or 10000 depending on the node and ease boards porting and application development.

This change will be hopefully integrated in the next Zephyr DV that will be released in October.

If you're relying on current '10000' default value, one way to avoid any surprise in a future rebase is to take it into account already today and overwriting your pwm nodes in board description or overlays with value 10000:

&timers1 {
status = "okay";

pwm1: pwm {
status = "okay";
st,prescaler = <10000>;
pinctrl-0 = <&tim1_ch1_pwm_pa8>;

Cheers
Erwan

Re: How to add username and password to MQTT_Publisher

Lubos, Robert

Hi Brenton,

Generally your approach is correct to set the username/password in the `client_init()` function of the sample, but please note that these fields are not plain C strings but rather `struct mqtt_utf8` pointers. So for instance for username you should create username struct (note the `size` parameter does count the NULL terminator) :

static struct mqtt_utf8 username = {

     .utf8 = "kapua-password",

     .size = sizeof("kapua-password") - 1

};